View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #107 (permalink)
TGreen
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z, Sport, 6mt
TGreen is on a distinguished road

Just to let everyone know, I had a one-on-one drive-around with the head tech at my local Nissan dealership. We drove around for about 30 minutes. At first, he couldn't hear it, but the more I pressed and explained, the more he seemed to understand what the heck I was talking about.

It also seemed to really helpful to have the tech slowly shake his head back and forth. I think the frequency is so high that it almost becomes directional, so as your ear gets a more direct line toward the noise, it sounds louder or more prevalent. Whatever the reason, after he did this (and we both looked like complete idiots) he really keyed in on the noise.

All that being said, he was unsure of the exact problem and said that he would give the Nissan tech line a call.

I left and about an hour later I received a call from the dealership. They said that Nissan was aware of this issue with the 2009's, but they never entirely nailed down the cause, which is why they didn't issue an official TSB. Regardless, my dealership ordered a new ECM unit and are going to install it in about a week. Best part: either Nissan or my dealership are going to "goodwill" the problem and are going to fix it under my basic warranty even though it expired about 3 weeks ago.

I wouldn't rely on my situation and let your warranty lapse before you get the issue fixed, but all hope is not lost if your warranty is expired. Might as well try and see what happens.

Hope this helps.
TGreen is offline   Reply With Quote