View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #134 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
There's no way that I could possibly advise you on what to do without seeing the damage you speak of. The spot could be clear coat failure and wet sanding on it would totally cause clear coat failure in that spot. Also, not knowing exactly what you've used or how you used it limits what advice I can give. A video of what you're working on would be best in this case. I need to know all of the above, as well as the amount of experience you have in these matters. You may have tried something that would work but used the wrong product or used the right product in the wrong manner.
I'll take some pics, possibly video when I get home later. It doesn't look like a clear coat failure though. It in an area that's low on the bumper

My guess is road grime build-up/pitting/etc. I have had a decent amount of time detailing. Not a pro or anything, but not a noob either. I've done minor wetsanding twice (2000 grit only) and it was only on small areas. I'd rather not have to do it if I can avoid it. I used dish soap to wash the car, Dryed, then started with Adam's clay bar w/Adam's Detail Spray. After about two dozen passes I applied some of the Aquartz. Let it set for a few min, but not let it dry, sprayed off and dried again. There was a little reaction (color change with the Aquartz) so I'm assuming there was def iron build-up. It still felt rough though, so after the surface dried, I went over it with the clay bar again...this is where I'm at now. It still feels rough to the touch and slightly dull. It's not flaking off or anything and you can't really tell from 10 feet back. I know it's hard to give advice without seeing it. I'll get those pics up ASAP. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_detroit+2004_nissan_maxima+front_right_view.jpg (56.2 KB, 112 views)

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote