View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #132 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Junkman!

I'm detailing my dad's '04 Maxima and could use some help. The car has never been detailed/polished and basically just washed... and whatever wax my dad put on over the years. I'm prepping the car for polish and there is a section of the front bumper that is really rough to the touch and looks a bit dull. I've already gone over it with the clay bar a few times. Cleaned with Aquartz iron cut, washed, clayed again. It helped a little, but still feels rough. I think it needs some wetsanding, but I want to be as unaggressive as possible. I don't think even an aggressive polish is going to be enough. What do you think? What grit should I use? I just want to do a few light passes with a very fine grit, & polish to get the shine back.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote