View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
2ndChance
Base Member

Drives: like he stole it
2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Overseas Uprev tune help.

Im planning to uprev my Z but I live in Panama and there is no Nissan tuner here, forget authorized uprev tuners.

Then I sent many emails to uprev regarding these questions but they never answered me back. So I come here for you guys to confirm or correct what I should know about self-tunning.

1. I buy the $500 Osiris standar package, it will come with a cable and 3 included tunes that they will send me. Each tune will have 5 maps that I can choose with the cruise control.

2. Each of these tunes will require me to datalog my car, do controlled runs and send them the data so they can develop a tune for my car which I load them to my ecu later.

3. It is better to tune with dyno, but not required. Everything I need is a computer and datalog, or is there something else? have in mind I have no access to a dedicated tuner.

4. I can go back to stock tune whenever I want.

I have many friends who owns hondas and subarus and they email-tune with datalog, I just need to reassure there is no risk for me to tune this way.

My car is stock but I already ordered the g3 intake and hfc.

Thanks
2ndChance is offline   Reply With Quote