View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #150 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
To put it mildly. Im a US trained driver - Lets go over that syllabus:
1- night with the book
1- 5min lesson in parallel parking and bam! The next day Im legal in a car at age 16. Thats very very wrong.

They wouldnt give me the keys to a red flyer wagon here in Germany if I tried that. Getting a license here is not easy or cheap for anyone.

Im amazed at the discipline I see here. Some one else posted that I was thinking Germany is better than the US. Yes Im afraid for car culture and driving it is. No question.
Not in the 5 boroughs of NYC. They put you through the ringer for a license. Real world driving on some of the worst posted streets in the city. They expect you to know the rules with no consistant signs posted. Which is good because it shows how much you really know. Also they make you go on the highway. At least they did when I got mine... And they test you for 30min, not 10 like here in tx and outer new york.I would say brooklyn has the hardest road test. Staten island and long island has it good with that. They get the national parking lot standard.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote