View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #143 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
No, I took the Z as far as it could go N/A and found myself wanting more, it happens. The TT kits turn the Z into a straight line monster and the S/C kits don't put out the torque I would want for the price of the kit. I'm sure GTM will continue to improve their products and the Z is without a doubt a great value but I wanted a car with import build quality, more torque and astounding handling and feedback. The Z has the build quality and the good-great handling but issues such as lack of an oil cooler, a horrible stock exhaust note and full torque unobtainable until 4750rpm were some of the things I didn't like.

I built a great Z, I loved it very much, I sold it and in hindsight there are characteristics of the car that could be improved. I had my "highway altercations" like some and had my share of glorious moments (I promise as safely as I could). Honestly, when you get left standing by a lightly tuned Evo X, STi, 5.0 Stang, 135i or dare I say a Genesis (I highly doubt it though) the last thing you are thinking is hey I got a good value.

Hahahahaaa.... genesis coupe???

Nissan 0-60 Times & Nissan Quarter Mile Times | Nissan Skyline GTR 0-60, Maxima 0-60, Altima SE-R, Murano, 350z, 2012 370z and 2011 Titan 0 to 60 stats!

Hyundai 0-60 Times & Hyundai Quarter Mile Times | Hyundai Genesis 0-60, Sonata, Elantra, Accent, Tiburon, Santa Fe and 2011 Hyundai 0 to 60 stats!

The gen has gotten better but still hasn't surpassed 370z times stock for stock. While the Z can still push quarters as low as 12.9 with the auto and 13.0 with the manual. The gen has only pulled 13.5 thus far on the 2013. Modded is always a drivers race so I'm not even going to address the hypothesis.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote