View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
+1. I see no class of Z owner. I see owners doing and driving what they want. The OP should have realized after a test drive the car was not a Vette or any other car that he feels is faster in a straight line.

Im in Germany and actually get to drive fast on a routine basis, If I want to see the the gas gauge move rapidly. I can also enjoy the car in a dynamic environment as well(think Nurburgring).

If makes me laugh when I see somone turning a sportcar into top fuel dragster. Making it anything but what it was out of the box. A car for driving and enjoying in a dynamic environment. The US does not lack cars for going fast for 12 seconds in a straight line.

As far as mods go - in the US you are making alot of people rich to go 70mph in car that will double that in stock form. Save your money for good electronics, fun travel or retirement.

Its a free country and we can do what we want, but its quite funny to see the rationale that the Z needs so much work after Nissan made it more than formidable.

On the Autobahn a Cayman isnt pushing me out of the left lane. Trust me. Its the 3 liter + Audi wagons LOL! Or the guy in the twin turbo 911 who is owning the left lane!

I watched a German auto test show and they tested the Audi TT-S vs the 370Z and the hosts/testers all picked it hands down! This car is superb.
I have aspirations for the track, but not the 1/4-mile. I want to modify this car and take it on an actualy racing circuit. Because you're right, the car is made to go 140mph, and I'd like to experience that. I won't in good conscience do that on a public road. Neither will I brake hard at the last second and fling it through an apex on the edge of losing it. That's too dangerous to do in public, but this car was built to do it.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote