View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #138 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeXVO View Post
We are absolutely willing to collaborate with the right people to design and build whatever is needed to facilitate the installation of our tips onto another well built exhaust system. The renderings previously posted are just that, and they were designed for an HKS system because they were asked for...then no one moved on them.
Understand that any system manufacturer like ARK or FI is going to want to know that if they go through all the work to make this happen that it will pay off. They will have to buy the tips from us, then apply them to their system. If they don't sell, then they are stuck. Our tips are unique and different, and that isn't always good. People think they like different, but then they aren't willing to roll the dice, so they choose a tube. None of us are in the business of losing money, and I know we all know that.
I perceive that the middle ground here might be for someone to pre-pay for their system from one of the aforementioned manufacturers, and then the manufacturer and Fringe collaborate on getting the Afterburner tips installed in place of their usual set. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but it seems logical to me that if a buyer is willing to incur the cost of the exhaust system as well as the tips, then welding the Afterburner tips in place of the normal tips shouldn't incur much (if any) of an additional charge (if they are in fact made in-house). That said, we aren't the one's manufacturing the exhaust systems..so it is what it is.

We will contact FI and ARK and see if they are willing to experiment with at least one system.

Understand that IF they are willing, it will take some time (a week or so) for us to re-design a tip for their specific application...and once it is designed we have about a month lead time before the tips can be assembled, finished, and then sent to the exhaust system manufacturer. I have no idea how long they need to assemble a system and install our tips.

That will be one lucky SOB who gets that system, and one sexy Z/G that gets to wear them.
I already pm'd you about those tail pipes and you told me that you will inform me once you have them in production.. and now your saying no1 moved on..

You didnt informed us (well atleast me) that you have them for sale, but lemme know if you still do as im still interested.
G37sHKS is offline   Reply With Quote