View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #81 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I think it's unrealistic to expect big bolt-on gains out of an N/A 3.7L V6. IMO, going from ~270whp stock to over 315 whp with bolt-ons is pretty strong from a motor this size.

If you really expect anything significantly beyond that you're just kidding yourself and should be getting a pushrod V8 (read: LS series) instead.
This. I think it's enrealistic for any N/A car for that matter. I too sold my Z with every bolt on and putting down 315 rwhp seemed pretty good for what it was. In fact it was a big improvement especially with a tune and improved throttle response. (of course having coilovers spec'd up nice n tight made it feel much snappier)

I'm in an M3 now and it's the same story. I'm not going to get much more than about the same gains (as the Z) with bolt on's. It is starting from a much stronger point but the overall gain at the end of the day is probably equal (+50 hp) with full bolt ons. I won't lie... it's a different car alright but you know, that comes at a co$t.

I miss my Z for what it was and would absolutely recommend one to anybody. It's still the most bang for the buck although it's getting some pretty stiff competition coming out.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote