View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Titan1080
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 04 Nissan Titan 4x4
Titan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond reputeTitan1080 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I am thinking about picking one of these up. Is it that dramatic of a difference? Kind of on the fence.
I got mine installed today and I do like the improved clutch engagement feel, BUT (dons flame suit...) there's a bit more play in the pedal when you first start depressing the pedal than I was expecting. Having the whole spring assembly in with this new spring does eliminate a lot of the play that pulling the entire assembly out creates, but the softer spring doesn't eliminate all the clutch-out play, which has been reported. I want to make it clear that as the pedal is depressed, all of the play is gone before you start to disengage the clutch. It's just me nitpicking, I guess chalk it up to I got used to the OEM spring keeping the whole assembly tight at the expense of clutch engagement feel. It is a very noticable difference that I'm sure I'll warm up to in short order, but I wouldn't say dramatic, if you're not complaining about the OEM one now and are used to it, then I wouldn't push you off the fence to get it. If you're one to experiment and are agile enough to get under there (I'm small and fairly flexible, and found it difficult in my admittedly cramped garage where I can't open the door all the way), then by all means get it, it's an inexpensive mod that's easy to un-do if you turn out not to like it. That said, thanks again LMBmikeZ, one of the most value-added mods I've done so far!

2009 370Z w/ Sport
Titan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote