View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
NYBladeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lotus Exige S
NYBladeZ has a spectacular aura aboutNYBladeZ has a spectacular aura about

Btw for prospective and newer Z owners I suggest the following mods:

1) OIL COOLER, do not look past this the VQ runs hot and if you like to drive the car how it was meant to be driven GET ONE!
2) Test pipes/HFCs/Long Tube Headers (my vote): The cats are very restrictive, with test pipes you will get rasp but more gains, some states like NY you can get away with it.
3) Gears! Don't fear the gear, if you plan on staying N/A for a long time get them, I didn't have them but they really wake the car up low end.
4) Catback (more for sound than performance): Just to put it out there, I made 296.4whp with test pipes alone, but catbacks help give the Z the sound it was always known for. I went GTHaus, it was wonderful, I would go Fast Intentions as my 2nd best choice.
5) Uprev, not for the gains but for the great increase in driveability after you have all the bolt on's of course.
6) Turbo or S/C: For those wanting to make the leap

Notice, I didn't really mention intakes, the stock intakes are very good. Get some cheap HPS tubes and K&N drop ins. If you do the headers like I did I say you NEED to go g3 or injen but if you are lightly modded HPS will do the job.

Best N/A mods: Long Tube Headers or anything that that removes cat