View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
Bucketlist2012
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Touring/Sport
Bucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
I have no regrets, none, about building the Z. It allowed me to add my unique perspective and choice on a production vehicle and it was damn good fun. Now that she's gone and after driving her in stock form I realize how much of a leap I took from stock ---> bolt ons. Still I think tuning the Z was about my personal expression and fanhood of the car rather than anticipating major gains short of F.I. Its a good car but it as a gear head mod obsessed want more power guy like me, it just didn't do "it."

One point, going F.I. is not the end of the road, you then have to worry about reliability both short term and long term. Many will cite, when you force induce a car not meant for it a lot can and might go wrong. Moreover, all that power on a suspension and chassis not designed for it will lead to a lot of dyno queens but not a lot of track monsters. I don't think there is one member on here with a TT kit that would confidently take it around a road course.
Congrats on the Law school ..
Bucketlist2012 is offline   Reply With Quote