View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I respect the opinions here BUT...

My thing is this... when you buy a Z, you know you are buying a NATURALLY-ASPIRATED V6. What do you really expect from bolt ons? Torque underwhelming??? Ok, if you have 332hp and 270lbs of torque. You are not going to get neck snapping torque easily with a 62hp deficit on tthe torque.
Any serious tuner that has been around v8's and v6's knows turbo is the only way to go with an NA v6 if 1/4miles and top speeds are your main goals.
If I had a gripe it would only be the cost of modding a Z. Every aftermarket part comes with an azzrape surcharge.
Also, we sometimes don't know a cars full potential, not because of a limited budget, but because we will chose mods according to taste or apprearance and not functionality in some cases.
Its no porsche because nissan spent the price on the whole Z in the chassis alone. Its no M3 cuz its not a turbo 6 or V8 depending on your year.
That's just me... maybe I'm too rational and less emotional about my expectations from the Z. At 40k we can't have our cake and eat it too. If there was a turbo model for our Z's? It would start @ 44k for the base model you know today. 55k would be an optioned Z. that price range attracts more american and german sports car buyers than japanese ones. That's why we didn't get it.
Maybe R&D will give us a nicely equipped turbo Z with 400hp @ sub 40k? But I heavily doubt it for $40k. If it was that easy? Camaros and mustangs would be FI at the Z price range too.

That's just me though... good luck blades and you definately had a hot Z.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 04-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote