View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Srenity
Track Member

Drives: 40th
Srenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud ofSrenity has much to be proud of
Default Eibach Sway Bar - Review

This weekend I installed a set of Eibach sway bars. I installed them with the front setting on the soft setting (only 2 settings up front) and the middle setting in the rear (3 settings in rear). Today I took the Z for my first test drive with them. I drove through wine country rolling hills with various sweepers followed by a coastal mountian range road that has some tighter stuff. So here are my driving impressions of the eibach sways.

1) To really test them I need a race track because I was going really quick through the corners without even stressing the Z. Double the posted corner speed limit seemed pretty easy. I did not want to push it more than that.

2) They fixed a problem that I did not even know I had. I always felt that the Z was stable and cornered really flat with minimum body roll to begin with. After taking the drive I now realize what flat is.

3) I either stumbled onto the correct setting from the beggining of my install or I will not find those front/rear bias charateristics until I hit the track because turn in was nice, direct, and the car went right where I pointed it. I had VDC ON but the traction light never came on during the corners (I can't say the same for corner exit and straights).

4) I like them!!

P.S. I posted this in the general thread but wanted to post it here as well so that the review can be searched in the future.

Srenity is offline   Reply With Quote