View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #503 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
It's very common practice and safe to install in the inside of the car. I've have briefly discussed this with a shop of cutting out the rear section bracing that mounts from strut tower to tower, put a brace up top and mount the fuel cell directly over the rear axle where weight needs to be anyways.
Yeah I have had race cars but I hate having fuel inside the car. Inevibly you will spill small amounts when working on car etc. Would you fuel by opening rear hatch? Even bing careful you will likely spill small amounts. Interiors tend to grab that gas smell too. if my car was a dedicated track car I probably wouldnt care but I will drive with windows closed on streets occasionally. I have had enough vintage racers that I like my street cars to be gas smell free. LOL!

Last edited by Shamu; 04-16-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote