View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #50 (permalink)
WICKED_GRIN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z Roadster Black
WICKED_GRIN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_third_Z View Post
I've been waiting to make this thread for awhile, and now that I finally have all the equipment in hand, it is time.
I wanted to build the system right the first time, with no (at least very few) expenses spared. I didn't want to look back in the future and say "I really should have opted for something better".
So here is the list of stuff going in:
Head unit: Pioneer AVIC-A130BT
Front speakers: Focal K2 Power 165KRX2 - 6.5" component set
Additional Fronts: Focal 165 KBE - 6.5" midbass drivers
Subwoofer: Focal K2 Power 27 KX - 27cm (11")
4 channel amp: McIntosh MC431M
Subwoofer amp: McIntosh MCC301M
Equalizer: AudioControl EQS

My plans may have to change some, after seeing the size of these amps. I've been around car stereo for a long time, and when I tell you that McIntosh makes some amazing stuff, I'm not exaggerating. These amps are huge and heavy as hell. I was planning on fiberglassing an amp rack to hold the amps and eq directly behind the seats on those shelves. I don't think they're going to fit. The amps and sub are just gorgeous.
My plan was to keep as much of my hatch as possible, but we'll see.
I've already started fiberglassing kickpanels to hold the 6.5" midbass drivers. I'm going to send them off to Tony when completed to be wrapped in carbon fiber. The rest of the fiberglass work will most likely be painted to match the outside of the car. I will continue to update the thread as progress continues. Just don't expect it to be done soon. haha

Why did you buy the Avic-Z130? and not a Kenwood??
WICKED_GRIN is offline   Reply With Quote