View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
kinda like comparing an orange, apple, and tangerine.
I'd liken it to a orange, tangerine and clementine.

So what 3 rear drive sports car/coupes for 30Kish would you put into a
comparison? Genesis is the only other model I can think OTTOMH to include and its not known as a world class *handler*. 2 of the 3 cars are with the third being hailed as well balanced. The germans would be 40-60K.

The miata is a bit of the odd duck here (pretty sure they evaluated the PRT, heaviest model) though its track record of being a well balanced package makes sense to give them a baseline.

The Z almost takes on the american car position of past: for similar price you get a much bigger engine.

I own and enjoy my Z...but its not perfect. I can see how it would not win a comparison from most major car magazines. They tend to focus in this segment on package, balance, and performance. Balance is good in the Z but there are some niggling things that make other cars a better package to those magazine folks (who often ignore price, ala Cayman)

You are not going to correct the engine quirks for 2K of bolt ons unfortunately. For a pure sports car, the engine loses major points above 5K. And given the price point and comparison, the engine is one thing that is supposed to shine.

That's a fact, jack.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote