View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmg21 View Post
Not too bad at all. I would agree that 3hp less for $100 less does seem better. Even with that guard could you still get a bypass value, or that is it? I believe if you got water in the engine you would be stuck like chuck...
Thats the problem with the Takeda also....If you look where the 2 pipes connect with a coupler, the coupler is the bend for the piping to route to the front. Stillen, the pipe is actually the bend itself and the 2 pipes actually connect with a basic 3 ply coupler which means it could easily be swapped out with a bypass valve. Assuming thats why the stillen is more expensive also due to the pipe having mandrel bends compared to takeda using a coupler to make the bend.....Then there's my idea where you could always cut the takeda pipe into THREE piece setup instead of 2 and install a bypass valve on part of the straight pipe pre-maf....... up to you really whats worth the effort or not.
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote