Thread: Power loss
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoLEEoh View Post
I know about the manifold. That's not the issue because I would rather have more torque than 5 hp top end. Problem is the not making anymore power past 7k rpm. I just want some opinions on the idea that it could be the exhaust or muffler. Anyone know specs of the internal piping of the magnaflow muffler?
youre contradicting yourself......7k+ is top end...... mid range is 4.5kish. Not all cars pull all the way to redline. Its quite normal for a lot of cars to drop off before redline. Even hondas with their Vtec drop off before redline and 90% of factory turbo vehicles drop off before redline. Our cars, not so much but as everyone says, the manifold is why you're dropping off because thats the characteristics the manifold has. Now if you're making 5hp less then your baseline.....then you may want to start checkin things like spark plugs (which shouldnt be a problem if your under 75k miles) or in a bad case scenario, cylinder compression.

to put it simple, you're digging for an answer you want because you don't like the answer you're getting even with multiple people telling you what it is. Dont know where else to go from there.
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote