View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #36 (permalink)
theBigChanges
Base Member

Drives: PW 10' 370Z Touring
theBigChanges is on a distinguished road

THANK YOU guys for all the comments, interest and support. So I got the exhaust on yesterday, pretty simple, just careful with all the bolts (I broke a bolt off in the thread from the lower triangle stress bar thing- damn it) ...and for the first 30 mins there is a lot of white smoke that comes out of the tail pipes and it smells like burnt pop corn. I started it up today and it still smells a little like burnt pop corn, but I'm sure it will go away. Here are some pictures.....and my first impressions below.

1. Fitment : 9/10 (it seems I push the driver's side tip in a little further than the passenger side. I can basically fit the driver's tip far in enough that it looks exactly hot the stock exhaust fits, however I couldn't get the passenger side to do that, so I let it stick out slightly to even it up...)

2. Quality of build : 10/10 very nice shinny pipes =) , solid welds and the finish is beautiful. Everything feels super solid and well put together.

*The weight feels the same or maybe heavier than the stock exhaust*

3. Sound review: 8/10 (this is where my opinion is slightly skewed from others). I know this exhaust is an aftermarket one, and I know it suppose to sound louder than stock.. however this exhaust seems pretty loud in my opinion, even after reading several threads and watching several videos that sold me on this exhaust with people stating that if you want to go aftermarket exhaust and still keep it quiet it's either Invidia or Nismo.... I had the impression that you can only hear the exhaust when you "get on it"...that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

I must admit the initial start up sounds awesome, low, grunty, and understated. Anything over 5,000-5,500 rpm the exhaust sound starts to get drowned out by the engine note and towards red line, you don't even hear the exhaust anymore. However I like and dislike it at the same time the exhaust sound from a stop and go perspective. The exhaust at low RPM with local driving is heard throughout the cabin pretty distinctively. You can barely drive the car without hearing it. I have to give it a week to write a full review on how I really feel about it with freeway driving etc. I drive 95% of the time locally. Currently I love the sound but hate it at low RPMs. But it looks SOME DAMN GOOD from the rear!!!

Last edited by theBigChanges; 04-15-2012 at 11:24 PM.
theBigChanges is offline   Reply With Quote