Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #506 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

The Nitto Invos I put on the Z are significantly better IMO than the stock Bridgestone Potenzas. Less cabin noise, adequate handling, and way better wear performance thus far as well. My understanding is that the asymmetrical tread pattern on the Invos also helps to decrease road noise.

I am very interested to compare them to the Continental Extremes, but I've just been so happy with these Invos I'm not sure I'll switch.

The rear stock Potenzas were trashed in < 8K miles - the car is my wife's daily driver so this was unbelievably poor wear performance in my opinion. These tires are clearly garbage based on my experience and the accounts on this forum. Plus the dealer wanted like $375 per rear tire for 275s. I got Invo 285s at Discount Tire for $250 apiece! And we've already got more than 8K mile on the Invos with probably enough tread left for another ~4K miles (I believe these Invos start with more tread than is typical as well).

Last edited by JARblue; 04-15-2012 at 10:47 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote