View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ubunoir
Base Member

Drives: '99 MX-5 & '09 370z
Ubunoir is on a distinguished road

Hehe, well it would be pretty easy if I had to do it all again, but if I'd known how it was going to go beforehand, I would've considered hiring a pro. The problem was having the wrong parts and the confusion of not seeing what I expected to see once everything was torn apart. Since I was cutting factory wires, I tripple checked everything before cutting, and tested many times throughout. It really slowed me down. Nothing was particularly difficult except reconnecting that #@$! molex connector in the door. I know you've done a few of these, so I'm guessing there is a proper harness? I wasn't able to find one, otherwise I would've waited. The bright side (if there is one) is that I've probably got cleaner connections than going through a harness. Yeah, that's a stretch. ;-) I guess I'm also more "bonded" with the car, and I've gotten pretty handy with a soldering gun!

I thought about putting together a DIY article on connecting/disconnecting/drilling the door molex connector, but there's no way I'm going to tear the car apart again to do it. I wish someone would do one though, as it would've helped me greatly.
Ubunoir is offline   Reply With Quote