Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #503 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurim3 View Post
I threw some pillows in the back today and tested the car.. I actually think it was a little bit better... but cant tell im just imagining it. I also dont know if pillows would be as effective as the sound absorber products out there. I think my car is extra loud cause of the tires. Im using some NANKANG NS-2 that came with the car when I bought it.
I found this review about those tires..

These tyres are a genuine false economy!! They have decent grip in both wet and dry, but tyre noise got so bad I had 2 wheel bearings replaced before realosing it was the TYRES. Replaced with Pirelli P6000s and massive difference and not that much more expensive!

and in that same forum somone posted this..

I'm very satisfied with my NS2. I've used my first set for 4 years now, and will definitely consider buying them again, when it's time. They are silent running, and gives a precise feeling.

Enough to drive anyone crazy!

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2.htm

Some stores let you try the tires before buying and that is the best way to go..

Last edited by RiCharlie; 04-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote