View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Since the day I took delivery on my 2009 Z, I've been really unhappy with its heavy ride and road noise. The damned road noise is reduced by at least 50% and my wife and I can talk without having to shout.
Don't get me wrong. The car still drives, feels and sounds like a hot sports car but now she is a joy to drive. My scowl is gone forever and my smile is here to stay. Now my Z stays with me forever.
Thanks be to God, Continental Tire Company and this forum.
i am the one that started the thread "Cabin Noise" and I know exactly what you are talking about..in fact if you search that thread you will find one posting in which I quote several major car reviewers all saying the same thing...ITS TOO DAMN LOUD. especially the Sports Package edition..( Read Car and Driver and the same thing is said about the Nissan R".. I think its the March edition where they compared the R to a Corvette and a Porsche turbo and said the Porsche was quiet compared to the R)..Honestly I thought i had made a huge mistake the second day I had the car,.,.i was sick..especially since my wife was against buying it in the first place..You cant imagine how awful I felt having spent all that money, including paying to get out of a 6 month old lease on a Honda, only to discover I hated the car when i took it for a long drive.....

It was sickening when someone would say. "What a beautiful car..,.bet you love it" and I am secretly thinking "This is a horrible mistake" Like being married to a beautiful woman who was a real bitch and you hated..

i found this site and posted my problem and got good advice especially from Guard Dad.. I put dynamat in the hatch and doors and got contis DWS..and its so much better...

I real purist that wanted to race on a track might not like the slightly more cushy ride and not care about the lower noise but for me its great...I am not racing this on the Indi 500 and I just wanted to go for rides with my wife and actually enjoy the ride and not cringe every time the road was not brand new and perfectly paved..

I knew this was a sports car and I expected some noise..I never thought it should sound like a Mercedes sedan but I didnt expect it to sound like a cement mixer either! The crowning touch was when I read one reviewer who said he refused to drive the car because his ears would bleed!! (Exaggeration to be sure but the point was made) Another said the noise was "damn near a deal breaker"

To me I think Nissan has made a major mistake in not correcting this problem..so many people both amateurs and professionals complain about (check the reviews I posted about this under Cabin Noise)...perhaps because they want to differentiate between the Z and the Infinity..

Well in any event I just wanted to share this with you and tell you that this is a problem that can be corrected...and now I just love my car,,.,.in fact my wife and I went for a nice ride today and noise and rough ride were never problems...

All's well that ends well! Glad you are happy!

Last edited by RiCharlie; 04-14-2012 at 08:50 PM.
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote