View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks Be To God and Continental Tire

Since the day I took delivery on my 2009 Z, I've been really unhappy with its heavy ride and road noise. I felt like I was the engineer of an Amtrack locomotive! It was so bad, I was thinking of selling and test driving a Boxster and other alternatives. Yeah, yeah, I know---it's a sports car and it's supposed to be hot and rough like sex, blah, blah, blah. But even sex is no fun when the room is so loud the wife has to shout to be heard. So rather than getting into Dynamat, etc, I read the responses to my complaint on this forum and bought a new set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. The moment I drove away from the tire shop, a big smile covered by face. Wow!!! The car feels way lighter and the ride is no longer rough (by sports car standards). The damned road noise is reduced by at least 50% and my wife and I can talk without having to shout.
Don't get me wrong. The car still drives, feels and sounds like a hot sports car but now she is a joy to drive. My scowl is gone forever and my smile is here to stay. Now my Z stays with me forever.
Thanks be to God, Continental Tire Company and this forum.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote