View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Again, the core size is not the deciding factor of cooling efficiency. I have not seen any other data supporting any other products available on the internet. If you have the ability to collect data and are interested in testing this in more extreme conditions we would be happy to sell this to you at a discounted price. Unfortunately we cannot control ambient air temperatures during our testing. I can tell you we have this on our supercharged 370Z and I personally drove it under rough conditions in 80 degree weather and the temps stayed static. Unfortunately that car is located in California, and our engineering facility is located in Delaware (so we were unable to get data).

A great deal of the cooling efficiency is airflow. We've strategically placed this for optimal airflow.
Please don't feel like I'm attacking. I have great respect for all companies taking the time to make parts for our cars and thank you.
The main reason I find question is NOT as much the core size as the testing info provided in the report. I mentioned the core size we need for track duty only because testing of this product in the report seemed vague.
You guys stated that you tested the Z @ 50mph on the highway and had no issues. I was just clarifying that my car will cruise fine @ 220 degrees in the summer. The problem is if I get stuck in traffic or I am hard on the peddle, I jump from 220 to 260 in a heartbeat. Which means if I tracked this car, my situation will be limp mode. Most of us need coolers for sport related duty, not just cruising.

The supercharged part intrigues me though. Knowing that FI draws extra heat into the bay gives some promise to the cooler.
Now you claimed you tested the car under rough conditions. What were they? That is something you should share with us.

PM me about further testing of your cooler. I would like to know what are your expectations for this cooler. Would you sell this as a track device or a general cooling device? I'm under the preliminary impression that you are standing by this product as a track optimum cooling device.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote