View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Oliveira View Post
2010 roadster.....people cant hear me without the sound breaking up ....using a verizon LG or my wifes I phone. Anyone know where the microphone is located? Thought I'd check for dust or ask the dealer to replace it.
The mic is located in the cabin light structure inside the roof lining. Be careful - you can't snap out the light enclosure without taking the roof liner off first. In order to take off the roof liner, you will need to remove the side pillar covers as well. If you don't do this, you won't be able to put the enclosure back on. Ironically, this is because of the mic wiring.

According to Nissan, bluetooth quality will improve if you turn down the mic input. You can't access the mic level through the front end of the nav system but there is a hidden menu that allows you to make the adjustment. You can try turning down the microphone input level through this menu and see if it helps:

Krowten-Dog posted a useful tip on this a while back. There is a system menu and there are a number of things you can adjust with it, including the bluetooth volume (which I found useful):

1) Turn the car to "ON" or "ACCESSORY"
2) Turn Audio off by pressing the volume knob in (only necessary if it is on)
3)Press and hold the SETTINGS button
(If the safety acknowledgment screen comes up, press enter to get past it, then press and hold the SETTINGS button)
4) While still holding down the SETTINGS button, turn VOLUME KNOB approximately 20 clicks in either direction but do not press the knob (i.e. don't turn on the audio)

This gives you several menus for checking a variety of diagnostic functions, including a system self-test. You can also reset and control a number of bluetooth, speaking and other features.

Hope that helps...