Thread: Warranty
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

You're not obligated to say anything about how you drove the car. Just take it to the dealer and say "look what happened." They'll repair it under warranty. Never volunteer information you believe would give them a way out.

As for track vs autocross vs HPDE. From an insurance standpoint, any timed or racing events are NOT covered. However, I called my insurance company before a HPDE event and they insisted they were HAPPY I was doing the event with my car as it would make me a better driver. They even said that they would have given me a discount for having done the HPDE if I lived in an appropriate state (some are different than others). Dealers can't stop you from taking your car to non-competition, educational driving events. HPDE should be fine, but I would still just say that you've been driving on the roads and then noticed the tire problem.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote