View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #169 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Finally, another update:

At this point it is safe to say that the hard part is behind me on this build. Today I did the PITA section of piping that feeds one side of the turbine, coming from bank 1:

I also had to modify the Y-pipe from what I have posted a couple of pages back. This is due to the space available between the dual F.I exhaust and the rear transmission support. I could have kept it as it was, and put a 3" 90deg bend right after the transmission. I would have also had to put another 90deg 3" bend. I do not like 90deg bend on the down pipe, especially that close to the turbo. Just a pet peeve I guess, and at the same time improves flow.

So to avoid that the Y-pipe will look something like this:

You can see it will be a rather straight 3" shot to the turbine outlet:

Y-pipe remains nice and smooth on the inside:

Turbo compressor will have an elbow welded to the outlet:

There may be some that think this is hanging low. Well, I pulled a string from the front subframe to the rear skid plate and you can see where the turbo sits in comparison:

And then, just because it is awesome....the 62mm billet wheel:

By Saturday night I should have the down pipe welded up, and bank 2 fabricated to feed the other side of the twin scroll turbine. Once that is done, the manifold will be welded solid and I will move on to the waste gates.

The oil pan spacers should be here late next week, and the oil relocation kit should arrive tomorrow. Other than that, I am set on completing the build on schedule.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 04-13-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote