View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
stratburst
Base Member

Drives: 370z - Sport Touring
stratburst is on a distinguished road

This may be overkill for many but it works great for me. I can completely dry the Z in 15-20 minutes so that it looks absolutely flawless.

I highly recommend a small shop compressor for blowing out water trapped in the mirrors, emblems and crevasses. Also great for under the hood detailing and maintaining tire pressure. Personally I'm not a fan of leaf blowers because they stir up dust around the car that eventually ends back on the car.

1. Sheet rinse
2. Compressed air and a microfiber to dry tires and wheels. This works awesome for getting water out of the lug nut holes where water loves to collect and leave water spots.
3. Absorber: I just use this for a quick pass to dry areas where significant amount of water remains. Do not wipe, lay it flat and let it wick the water away. Wiping will mar the finish and will significantly reduce the time your paint protection lasts. This helps make the waffle weave last during the next step.
4. Waffle weave with QD.
5. Compressed air and microfiber to blow out the water in crevasses, lights, mirrors etc.
6. Finish the door jams and trunk lid with another microfiber or waffle weave.

I use several different microfiber towels dedicated to a specific use, each a different color. One for the wheels, another for the exterior paint surfaces and yet another for door jams etc. I always use my best towels for the exterior paint surface.
stratburst is offline   Reply With Quote