Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

So I replaced my scratched rotor with a $50 Duralast one from Autozone. Was looking at spending some $$$ on 2 piece ones but I figured Im blowing too much money already. I still had to buy fenders and pay for paint. I was scared of buying crap and money was tight, but there wasnt much of a selection and I needed them now. After searching around, the only style I wanted could only be found on here or on ebay. So I bit the bullet and ordered some ebay fenders since they had the best price, looked just like the others and the guy was very good at communicating with me before during the purchase so that made me feel good. I got my ebay fenders in the mail yesterday, would have been the day before but FedEx man was a jerk and said he knocked but no one answered and left. So I had to stay home from work yesterday just for him but whatever thats neither here nor there. Since it was too late to go to work, took the time to fit them on.

Very curious to fitment since I have never ordered a body kit from ebay and heard horror stories, I checked out all angles. Of course it wasnt perfect but I was impressed of how close it was. Here are some imperfections I noticed.

Those could be fixed of course by the body shop but some big areas I tried to sand down myself to get them to line up better. Like this corner on the passenger side. At first I had to make it touch the door at the top and bottom to minimize the gap in the middle.

Then I sanded it down to get more of an even gap.

The drivers side seemed to fit much better.

Another thing that wasnt perfect was how much higher the fender was from the hood in the very front. I am hoping that the headlights will bring this down a bit when I install them later.

Other than those minor things, I think it still looks great! For $400 shipped I think its a win. Dropped it off at Baker this morning to get prepped and painted.

Last edited by VDC_OFF; 04-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote