View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg View Post
That single post provided me with more information than all the research i have done in the past (which is a lot). For the things you said though I feel like I would need top secret clearance, not being born in the U.S. would there be a problem with me attaining it?
When you enter into basic training, they'll run a background search anyways. It will be one of the things you do while you're in Technical Training. (For the Air Force, other branches I'm not sure when/how they do it.)

Depending on how much you've been living/working in the US can affect the timeline it takes to get finished. Something else to ask when you're talking to your recruiter. Military Service will help you attain your US Citizenship much faster than civilians. But as long as you're in and serving, and depending on what job you do, that's something your recruiter will be able to answer best with each job being specific to what they can/can't allow. But I don't see it being a problem so long as you don't have a tainted history.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote