View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
SaraJewell
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370z MB A7
SaraJewell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmg21 View Post
I agree that you can find the car you want w/o a problem. If the dealership is not going to make any money off of you for buying a new car & you want a car that is a good several hundred miles away, then you will probably have to pay for the transport yourself usually. I had to pay $1k to get my '12 Nismo (pick-up this Fri morning with only 4 miles on it) which is almost 200 miles (one way....400 round trip) away unfortunately. The dealership didn't make any money off of me really. If I was paying a couple grand over invoice, then they would have paid for the transport.
i emailed the dealer today while i was at work telling him my concerns (not paying more money for a front end i dont like as much AND honestly having my heart set on the front end of the 12) and called him after work but he hasnt replied (if i remember right he is not there on tuesdays). i am going to see if he can find me a 12 and i am freakin nervous because i am doing something a little out of my financial comfort zone here... by possibly getting this car sooner rather than later, i will be giving less of a down than i want. i am going straight from paying off my 33K college loan in 1 year to saving on this car....starting from the ground up trying to make it to 12K (goal down payment). right now i have 5K. i HAVE found an available 12 to match my specs (not gonna tell where it is just in case there is a persimmon sniper out there and i am going to mention it to my dealer. if he can get it to me i might have this car way soon, and on top of that you are absolutely right...i will be paying transportation i bet. and another grand for that??? im kinda killin myself here over this 12. but honestly, if they arent making NEW 2012s and i want a rare color combo fully loaded touring model BRAND NEW....my chances of finding that in a couple months are very slim. i have a huge urge to snatch this thing up now.
SaraJewell is offline   Reply With Quote