Thread: Trade in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
brucelidat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370z 7AT GM Sp
brucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like Honda has become like Toyota. it used to be Toyotas were smoother and quieter, while Hondas were slightly sportier (sportIER, not necessarily sporty). My sister's v6 Accord from 2007 feels pretty good, relatively tight steering and super stiff brakes. My gf's new 2012 Civic coupe feels super numb, though. It's like you're sitting in a moving bubble isolated from the road and world and it almost glides forward with no weight and super soft brakes similar to her older Corolla's. It feels sort of weird. My other sister's CRV has the same feeling to it as well. These days, Honda seems to be the same as Toyota (although the FRS will give Toyota something interesting once again) and Nissan is the sporty brand of practical reliable cars.

On an unrelated not,e the new Kia Optima is surprisingly a decent looking normal car. It might give the Altima and Focus a run for their money in my practical second car rankings.