View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

Road noise definitely has something to do with it and aftermarket parts like an exhaust will certainly make it harder. The sound quality goes down dramatically for me at highway speeds but I think that is due to the relatively load tire roar and low levels of insulation in the car. I also had people saying that it is harder to hear me now with the Stillen exhaust. It sounds quite reasonable in the car but it adds enough ambient noise to degrade the sound quality.

But even at low speeds I find the bluetooth quality to be very low. Most people I talk with can barely understand me, although it does seem to depend a bit on what phone both parties are using. Based on the number of other people who have complained about the same thing over the years it does not seem to be a one-off situation, either.

There was an update to the 2010 firmware to address, among other things, bluetooth quality. Since you have a 2011 you probably have the latest update. But you could certainly check your firmware revision and compare it against the latest rev.