View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
wind.zero
Enthusiast Member

Drives: NISMOSIS
wind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
Even with an oil cooler you still hit 260... Is that with mild boost or hard driving?
^^
Yes even with a 25R oil cooler. The NISMO bumper has very little air flow and the oil cooler is stuffed into the driver side pocket of the bumper.

260 is an exception and not the norm. But I still do not like seeing that on the gauge. In the heat of the summer, cruising on the highway, I run 220-240. Get into boost and 260 is easily achieved. Depending on the ambient air temperatures and humidity, sometimes temperatures come back down to a reasonable level, sometimes they don't.

260 happens with hard driving combined with ambient air temperatures as low as 80 degrees though. I am confident that the SPAL fan will cure the problem.

I saw 260 last week and it was 78 degrees after some spirited, high speed driving.
wind.zero is offline   Reply With Quote