View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hi All,

O&G - Product failure is an unfortunate necessary with any manufactured product. Our warranty rate is well below industry standard. We wouldn't be able to stand behind our product with a lifetime warranty if our defect rate was above normal.

Regarding the oil cooler - There is more to the solution than the # of rows. Surface area, fin density and other factors play a role in the cooling capability. Take a look at our engineering report on this product. If you have any questions regarding the product, feel free to let us know.

http://site.mishimoto.com/pr/Mishimo...-TechSpecs.pdf

Dark Sarcasm - I'm assuming that you are being sarcastic. The video is condensed. The product should install in under an hour.

Best,

Mishimoto

I'm glad you posted that report. Now I'm sadly going to have to agree with some of the comments posted on here. The Z heats up under pressure. According to your research report, you tested the 370z in ambient temps of 65degrees to 72degrees. Then you drove on a highway doing 50mph. If I drive like this in my Z without an oil cooler I won't break 190 for a temp. In temps over 90 I won't break 220. Honestly that testing wouldn't even prove the cooler works.
A good way to test the oil cooler without being on the track to doing like 10; 0-60 sprints. You will watch your gauge go up high to 250degrees plus.
19 rows may help for daily driving under normal conditions but, you wrote in your report that this cooler was to be design to work both on the street and the track. I do think mishimoto build quality is comparable to the other, more established brands, but on this oil cooler, you may want to test it in 90 degree testing under more duress. Also $600 is very pricey for a 19 row cooler. I didn't realize it was 19 rows. It looked large enough to be a 25 or 34 row. Sorry.
Maybe you guys may want to do more testing and consider a higher row cooler?
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote