View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
reeps
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370z
reeps is on a distinguished road

I know this is going to sound CRAZY but some ideas...

I kept my stock speakers and changed the headunit but took a JL 300x4 amp and bridged it to the front speakers. Now everyone and their monther is going to say 150 watts per speaker is to much power but you have no idea how good they sound and if properly tuned they will not blow and as long as you dont push to much distortion. Now before I did that I tried the same stock speakers on just the amp of the head unit and that sounded bad. I tried then just hooking up 75 watts to the speakers by not bridgeing the amp and that sounded better but still kinda sucked. It was not until I bridged the amp, got 150 watts to each side that it actually made the speakers come alive. I had to use the EQ on my Pioneer 9300BT to get a little more crispness from them but all in all I was so suprised how good they sound for stock speakers.

Now with all that said, in your situation with a budget this is the route I would go:

Headunit $330
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT 5.8-Inch DVD AV Bluetooth Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control: Car Electronics

Front Speakers Stock

Amp for Stock Speakers $179
JX360/2 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - JX - JL Audio

Amp for Sub $449
JX1000/1D - Car Audio - Amplifiers - JX - JL Audio

Sub $43 (has to be dual 4 ohm to make a 2 ohm load on the amp)
Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-W259D4 Champion Series 10" Dual 4ohm 1200 Watts: Electronics

Sub Box $134.99
Custom Sub Enclosure | Affordable Sub Box

Total $1153 without install or kit or wires.
Also this set up gives you the chance to upgrade the front speakers later on if you really feel its needed.

One other thing... if you want you could get two single 4 ohm 10inch subs and get the duel 10 inch box, would cost a little more money but if you want some extra bass it would be much better.

You can check out my system here:
Dual 13w6,JL 1000/1,JL 300/4, Pioneer930BT and some other mods

and here:
370z pictures by RDSAUDIOVISUAL - Photobucket

Any other questions feel free to PM me.
Good Luck.

Last edited by reeps; 04-10-2012 at 08:33 PM.
reeps is offline   Reply With Quote