View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
KingZee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Focus ST
KingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
dont steal my business idea!

but on the real..i was thinking about it too. the only issue is you'd need a HUGE insurance policy. waivers and what not can only go so far. you'd need a pretty large initial investment as well. garage space, tools, lifts, and a customer base.
LOL, I've been seriously thinking about this since I bought the Z a couple of years ago...yeah, I don't know how liable you could be for some guy making a mistake and dropping his car on his head...I'm guessing PRETTY liable in California or someone would've had it, it's not like the idea's not out there...I know mechanics here are always scared of customers getting too close to their lifts and garages because their insurance policy only covers them and employees so at a DIY place EVERYONE would be a customer so yeah, insurance should be through the roof. Wouldn't a simple waiver stating "we're not liable for anything at all ever" solve that problem though?