View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #429 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORRUPT View Post
Kenchan, you can remove the white plastic gear completely and the actual shaft that the gear moves up and down to lock the steering wheel, as well as the motor really. Obviously you wont be able to lock the steering wheel but who cares the car will start. As for the electronic pins I assume they have to be held down and connected for the car to start by completing the circuit.There is a metal plate inside the white plastic gear that presses the pins down and completes the circuit when it releases the steering lock. I am by no means a electronics wizz and if someone can come up with an easier way to do it than a piece of metal and electrical tape then I say sweeet and I will open mine up again and change it. Hope this made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
I just looked at photos of the lock unit internal mechanism. It looks like the 2 switches activated by the column shaft. So the 2 switches will determine if you can start the car or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORRUPT View Post
Hope this helps.
Aha, this makes sense. Thanks! so how many revolutions does the spur gear make to raise the lock latch and to lower latch/push micro switches? or does it not make a full rotation? (My guess)
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote