View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #425 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Yes the ideal would be to trigger whichever condition it desires based on the pin input signal. The problem is that this would require additional circuitry and always on power (microscopic power drain) to store the current state using a transistor pair. Definitely can be done, and for a lot cheaper than the price of a new lock. If the logic state storage isn't required it will be even simpler, but I haven't had a chance to experiment yet. I guess I will have to buy someone's dead unit since I don't feel like taking apart my working one yet

As a quick fix I think setting it to the always unlocked state would work, but give you the key icon.
Sounds good. But I suppose this is something one must risk doing prior to failure...otherwise same issue with dealing with towing and dealer. Now how many users would risk taking the thing apart while it is still functional is yet another question to consider I suppose.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote