View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hermitns
Base Member

Drives: 11 370 auto
Hermitns is on a distinguished road

as for the launches. I "dry hop" to clean the tires and get an idea of traction b4 every race. Car was hooking. Temps for this day were only about 10* hotter and it was after sunset.
After 2 runs, I was watching the tach for unnecessary revs...didn't see any. Car MUST have been hooking to get the RTs I posted. If I was spinning, the RTs would have been all over the place.
I did drive "normally" for the first couple hundred miles after the Stillen install and I did read that the stock ecu "learns" and remaps after the battery has been disconnected.
As for the mapping post, maybe my assumption was based on all the dyno videos I watched b4 buying these particular performance parts. I assumed the gains would be there after installation (and the car felt much more lively after the F.I. install) but in retrospect, those runs were on dynos so, is it safe to assume that the dyno operators were mapping the ecu WHILE testing?
I am considering disconnecting the battery long enough for the ecu to reset, then making several ballz out passes to see if it remaps itself.
I was committed to getting the uprev eventually, but after $2000 in mods with no net gain, I am concerned about the results.
I was ok with the stock times even tho guys here like "speedysgarage" laid down 13.0s stock. I figured the mods would net 2-3 tenths but nada.
tks
Hermitns is offline   Reply With Quote