View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bollockchop
Base Member

Drives: 10 370GTsatnav SW A7
Bollockchop is on a distinguished road

Hi there, sorry for the lack of clarity man!! Yeah, what it is - I need to replace the left hand front side of the car totally. Bonnet, wing, inner wing, suspension - basically everything from the a-pillar forwards. Engine/Trans are good, so its part structural, part cosmetic. Problem is, I'm looking for advice on which way to go with the rebuild yeah?? What disadvantages will I find with say Carbon other than expense versus say GRP?? Im guessing that aftermarket parts will come in substantially cheaper than OEM Nissan spares, which when Ive added up all the parts mentioned, plus rad, trans cooler, assorted other pipework etc etc, it is eyewatering the figure. The car's gonna be a DD with occasional track use, so Im gonna put an oil cooler in to that end, but its the other stuff. What experiences have people had with fit of aftermarket stuff?? If it is as pain in the *** as a lot of glassfibre kits I've experienced, I may just not bother lol! I want the car to look stock, but if I can shed some weight in the process - happy days!

I suppose in its simplest form, Im hoping someone can say something like "yeah you can get better brakes cheaper from *****, and they work great!" for example!? Hope that doesnt make me sound like too much of a dumb ***!?

No probs with tyres, I think that may just be my bad writing! Got a good tyre supplier - I NEED IT! Its advice on rebuilding my car without generally getting shafted anally by those corporate giants in the land of the rising sun

Thanks for your response though man
Bollockchop is offline   Reply With Quote