View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Skaterbasist
Base Member

Drives: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
Skaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_Z View Post
ok, im confused on the syncro-rev upshifting deal...
For anyone who owns a manual transmission, its a pretty simple concept. If you shifts are slow, meaning the RPM's climb lower than they are supposed to for the next shift, the synchro rev-match keeps the RPM's from falling under the desired RPM's for a smooth transition. (In the other hand, as I experieced in my test drive, if you release the clutch too early, and the RPM's are higher than they are suppose to be, the car will still jerk).

In my opinion, unlike the downshift feature, which would be somewhat useful for a more difficult move like heal & toe, this feature on the upshift is a pure nanny-gadget for those who cant drive a manual.

Rev matching for downshifting or upshifting is a piece of cake and something everyone should master. Assistance for Heal & Toe is atleast a little more comprehensible.
Skaterbasist is offline   Reply With Quote