View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
mcconned
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2005 350Z Roadster
mcconned is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to read that some of you are at least considering this. If I haven't mentioned this before:
*Hotel rooms are only $50/night plus tax. This includes breakfast. The rooms have 2 queen sized so it will easily accommodate 2 people-more if you're really good friends.

*This BZF is pretty loosely organized. Nothing is mandatory. The only "Officially Official" events are the Friday drag racing and the Saturday car show. Participation in these are purely optionally.

So what do you do with your time? Maps are available showing some terrific roads in southern Missouri and northern Arkansas. The roads and scenery are fantastic and...here's the best part...there is little LEO (law enforcement officers) to worry about. That is unless someone ahead of you caused a problem.

True Story: A couple of years four cars were returning to Branson and hit US 65 when they decided to "flex their muscles". All 4 got stopped by a LEO and all were doing over 100 mph. The lead driver, as I recall, was clocked at 140+. Anyhow, it turns out the lead driver knew the LEO from like 20 years before. All 4 got off with a warning!!!

NOTE TO ALL LEOs WHO MAY BE ON HERE! This kind of driving is the exception rather than the rule.

Hit the roads on your own or round up a group. It's easy to do as most everyone there wants to exercise their cars.

Everyone is very laid back and easy to approach. Branson Z Fest has been described as a family reunion without all the fist fights.
mcconned is offline   Reply With Quote