View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #116 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effen5 View Post
I saw your DIY and it looks fantastic but I am no where NEAR car savvy to do anything like this. Plus I don't want to void the warrany!

Actually, I think I might try it. I guess I'll order the part lol. I just looked at the DIY and it doesn't look like too hard. Pull the old one out put the new one in.

Also is revD full proof?
the trick is to have the angled needle nosed pliers (with teeth). you will want to have that or borrow it from someone. other then that get the security screws from nissan, but use a metric screw of the same size you can buy at autoparts stores or acehardware. this will make it much easier to remove in the field if your RevD fails.

also you guys have a group outing in chicago area (zmans coordinating cars and coffee). maybe you can hook up with them and have them babysit while you do that and replace clutch helper spring as well? should take no more than 30min tops for both.

RevD is too new to know its reliability. we know that RevC has been reliable for the most part, but seeing a few failures here and there. not as much as RevA and B.