View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #48 (permalink)
370ZilverZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 BMW Z4
370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of370ZilverZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
370ZilverZ: I'm reading the tutorial on PAC website, and it only mentions 150ohm resistor on white wire to pin 16. There is no need for resistor when connecting white wire to pin 6. LINK

I think they have updated the tutorial.

What you should know is their picture of the plug is reversed, If they talk about the pin 16 of THEIR IMAGE OF PLUG, we would be connecting it to the pin 12 of the nissan plug, Right Front Speaker Negative Wire. Which doesnt make sense.

So I ASSUME their image is from the pin side, and the nissan image from the WIRE side. Description also says STRG SW = steering switch.

Pin numbering from PAC wesite, reversed from the nissan image

Pin numbering from Nissan

Anyways I will be doing a Pioneer 4300DVD, rockford T2 component, reverse camera, PAC-SWIPS adapter install all togerher this weekend. I will come back with results.
Whenever you see the connector image as shown with the double lines around it, that means you are looking at it from the wire side. If it is shown with a single line around it, you are looking straight in the open pin side.

I ended up using an AXXESS ASWC as it was able to also enable phone hook on/off capability too.