View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
I am still not sure I fully understand the Uprev tune. Let me get this straight... So with Uprev you have the option of logging your car's A/F ratio with Cipher and you send the logs to Uprev. Uprev then uses the data you send them to create a custom tune for your car. Is this correct?

If I am correct, could someone please tell me if it is still worth the extra cost to get Uprev and get dyno tuned instead of using the e-tune?
It is more than just a/f there are about 40 different parameters you can log and yes if your tuner is good enough he can do a custom tune by email,now putting your car on a dyno and having someone tune it that way is the best way but I am having Sam @ GTM tune mine via email and his first map was on a dyno and made 445 rwhp and it was running rich so I logged the data he wanted and he will adjust it and send it back to me then I flash it on my ECU log some info to confirm and he lets me know if were done.

Now I must say that when my car was on the dyno the Uprev tuner said it was close and he didn't want to mess with it,Sam"s tunes are better than most Uprev tunes that use a dyno.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote