View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #1027 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telephone View Post
Well I got my Swifts, Konis, camber kits, toe bolts, and spacers installed this weekend. Swift advised me to wait one week before getting an alignment. My question is: Can I leave it parked all that time? The car is very squirly now...to the point where I find it unsafe on the freeway. Everytime I change lanes and drive over a lane reflecttor or uneven surface, the car shakes and feels like it's sliding slide-to-side. It's quite unnerving actually. I'd rather not drive it for now.
It sounds like the shop who did the install didn't take any base measurements to get it close to aligned so it's way out of spec with all the adjustable components. Driving the car is going to get it to settle in a lot more than it just sitting there however it sounds like its so far out it's not safe to drive. You are probably best to let it set for a week have it aligned towards the outside specs to allow room for when it settles. You might just have to have it re-aligned a second time but it's not worth messing around with a safety and performance issue to save $100.