View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Unclemeaty
Base Member

Drives: 150cc Scooter
Unclemeaty is on a distinguished road

Well, It's been about a year since I had to deal with this issue. To date I've done the following:

Car now has 52,xxx miles, with about 20k on the brakes.
Changed the lines to stainless and the fluid to Motul.
Bled the brakes from the caliper side of things about a half dozen times.
Bled the ABS unit one time

By now I've learned to just live with the problem, where under normal driving/braking theres not much issue. Still though, under severe braking I am able to get the front left tire to almost lock while the right is still operating at about 90%. You can imagine the car does tend to wonder/vere to the left. For the past I've burned into my brian - countersteer under hard braking - if there is such a thing. My best car buddy drove my car the other week and said he hated how my brakes react and recommended I bleed them again.

So now I'm back on top of this. Could there be a problem with the master brake cylinder not applying even pressure to both halves of the system? its about the only thing I have left to check. Also now since I have a bunch of miles on these pads; I'll probably check again for un-even wear for a stuck caliper.

Any other ideas? I found some online place which sells rebuild kits for calipers so thats a good avenue. What about master cyl rebuild kits?
Unclemeaty is offline   Reply With Quote